September 1st is finally here, and it’s Deadline Day! FC Barcelona enjoyed a fine summer, and Xavi got most of the players he wanted. Now it’s mainly his job to make this group of players function together, and get results. But today it’s all about the last movements on the market.
As always, deadline day is the time when you can’t really predict what will happen. For example, on deadline day last summer, this happened:
On deadline day in January, some very interesting things happened as well. Therefore, we are here with an updating page to recap everything for you during the day. We will update this page every hour, so stay tuned. If you want to get updates every few minutes, follow our posts on social media. We will be there all day long.
Deadline Day is over
- @FabrizioRomano says: Marcos Alonso joins Barcelona on a free transfer after contract termination has been signed with Chelsea. Official statement will be in the morning.
- OFFICIAL: FC Barcelona and Héctor Bellerín have reached an agreement for the incorporation of the player, after he terminated his contract with Arsenal.
- @gerardromero: “the mystery signing I was talking about was Bernardo Silva.” “Barcelona believed that it would be possible to finalize his transfer. Jorge Mendes and Barcelona were working on the deal until the last minute, but the need for a departure did not happen. This is football, things change every hour, I’m sorry.”
22:00 CET: 2 hours to go
We’re at the final sprint of the deadline day. Only 2 hours to go until the transfer window closes. In the last hour, we had 2 announcements: Sergino Dest to AC Milan and EZ Abde to Osasuna. Both of them will leave on loan until the next summer.
- Meanwhile, Gerard Romero is hyping the ‘huge move’ that will close the transfer window. But Memphis will find a club first.
- Alonso, Auba and Bellerin deals should be official soon.
21:00 CET: Huge things are coming?
- @gerardromero: “This could be a historic night. Mateu Alemany has planned something crazy, it would be crazy if it happens.”
- @gerardromero: “The information I have has nothing to do with Alvaro Morata. The surprise player is not him.”
19:30 CET: Alonso and Bellerin’s agent are in Barcelona
- Marcos Alonso has arrived in Barcelona. Via @gerardromero
- Albert Botines, Héctor Bellerin’s agent, via @QueThiJugues: “He [Bellerin] is very happy to return home. In principle he will sign a 1-year contract. He had a very high salary at Arsenal this season and has made a significant effort to come here.”
- @jbatalla7 [md]: Memphis Depay has offers to leave Barcelona on deadline day but it is not clear whether he will leave despite the great competition in attack for Barça.
- @FCBRAC1 say that the termination of Martin Braithwaite’s contract cost Barcelona €150K, according to the club sources.
18:00 CET : 6 hours to go
Only 6 hours to go until the end of the transfer window. And boy, dud the deadline day deliver this time.
Martin Braithwaite is no longer a Barça player. Meanwhile, we’re waiting for the official announcements of Auba, Bellerin, Alonso, Dest. We also have Memphis, Pjanic and Abde that might move at the last minute.
Also, be attentive to the news, as all media sources confirm there could be a ‘surprise signing’ in the next few hours.
16:00 CET: Bellerin HERE WE GO, Braithwaite Here we leave
- @gerardromero: “Héctor Bellerin’s salary at Barcelona will be €3.5m net including all the variables. He will sign a 3-year contract. Barça have already drafted the contracts with La Liga to speed up the process.”
- Martin Braithwaite already signed his contract termination. He’s no longer a Barcelona player
15:00 CET: Auba HERE WE GO
- Aubameyang will fly to London around 5 p.m (CET). He will sign a 2 year deal + 1 optional year.
- Marcos Alonso is also in Spain to undergo medicals and sign a three year deal.
- Mateu Alemany’s call has already arrived at Bellerin’s camp and both parties are working to finalize the signing. The player is waiting in London to receive the final green light before travelling to Barcelona.
- According to @AdriaAlbets [SER], Jordi Alba already informed the club and the dressing room that he will not leave this season. Xavi knows that he will be in the squad for this season and he doesn’t agree to leave for Inter.
- @tjuanmarti: Miralem Pjanić will stay at Barcelona, barring last minute suprise.
- @gerardromero: “Memphis Depay asked to leave yesterday, Barça and Chelsea are negotiating over him.”
12:00 CET: Still no official announcements
It’s the middle of the day, and it’s a good time for a recap.
- Dest : He is already at Milan. He will have his medicals and then the loan move will become official.
- Auba X Alonso: Chelsea and Barcelona are close to an agreement. Many numbers are thrown at us right now. Let’s wait and see what will be the final fee. Marcos Alonso’s agents are at the Ciutat Esportiva to meet with Alemany and Jordi Cruyff.
- Braithwaite: Medicals at Espanyol. He’s about to terminate his contract with Barcelona. @tjuanmarti: Barcelona asked Martin Braithwaite to not join Espanyol but he is close to signing a 3-year contract with them.
- Bellerin: The Right Back is getting closer. He’s waiting for the final call from Alemany. Afterwards, Arsenal will give him the letter of freedom and he will sign for Barcelona.
- Julian Araujo and Thomas Meunier will not sign today.
- Alba wants to stay in Barcelona
11:00 CET: Braithwaite medicals at Espanyol
- @Radioestadio reports: Martin Braithwaite will sign for Espanyol. He is currently undergoing his medicals with them and the transfer will be announced shortly.
- Mateu Alemany and Jordi Cruyff are already at the offica. Meanwhile, Rafa Yuste traveled to Berlin last night.
10:00 CET: Auba edges closer to Chelsea
- @tjuanmarti: Barcelona ruled out signing LA Galaxy’s right-back Julian Araújo for now. It will be valued again in January if it is possible.
- @tjuanmarti & @albert_roge [relevo] : Barcelona and Chelsea are close to an agreement for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang worth €16m plus Marcos Alonso. However, the main point now is the accounting value of Alonso due to the FFP regulations.
- Meanwhile, @FabrizioRomano reports: Chelsea’s final offer for Aubameyang will be a bit more than €12m plus Marcos Alonso. It is really close now.
- @Benayadachraf: Manchester United officials advised coach Erik ten Hag not to increase the number of Ajax players in the squad, and consequently the signing of Sergiño Dest was ruled out.
09:00 CET : Dest leaving, Auba swap deal close
- According to @David_Ornstein: Chelsea are on the verge of signing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Their latest offer is around €7.5m plus Marcos Alonso.
- Dest already packed his bags and he’s on his way to Milan
07:00 CET : What we know so far
- Late in the night, @FabrizioRomano reported: Barcelona just received a new offer from Chelsea for Aubameyang, which includes Alonso as part of the deal.
- @Alfremartinezz: Barcelona and Inter Milan have reached an agreement for the loan of Jordi Alba with Barça paying 60% of his wages. The player needs to accept it though. ordi Alba is surprised. Today, his intention is not to leave Barcelona. He still has 2 years left in his contract.
- As for Bernardo Silva, it looks like it’s over for now:
Leave a Reply